Henry County E-911 Department

Call 911Henry County has two Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPS), a south end location and a north end location. All 911 calls received on the south end of the county are routed to the City of Headland and 911 calls received on the north end of the county are routed to the City of Abbeville. Abbeville and Headland are responsible for dispatching police, fire and rescue in their respective areas.

911 addressing is an important aspect of this office. Without an orderly address system, it is very hard for your home or business to be located quickly during an emergency by police, fire and rescue. Please call (334) 585-1911 with any addressing questions. If we are busy with another call, please leave a message and we will call you back as soon as possible.




Frequently Asked Questions

How Do I Get A New Address? Each home and business in Henry County should have an assigned address. If the person you buy or rent from does not know the address to the property, call our business office at (334) 585-1911. We do not assign addresses to vacant property or land.

If you are moving into a new structure a new address must be assigned: This will require us to drive to your new location to measure the address along the road and take the GPS coordinates. This could take up to 10 working days to complete the cycle of taking measurements and getting a return on the address, so call as far in advance as possible. When you call (334) 585-1911, tell us you need an address for a new structure. Be prepared to provide directions to the property, name of road the structure will be on, your current mailing address and phone number. You must have a driveway to the property or have the driveway staked off and you must have the structure staked off.

E-911 Director

Chad Sowell